SEO Tool Review
Ontolo Link Building Tools
I had the opportunity to review Ontolo recently for SearchNewsCentral.com First off let me start of by saying that this is a unbelievable tool. But it is designed for professionals. By that I mean for individuals who spend a lot of time harvesting and evaluating links.
The subscriber inputs their keyword list into Ontolo after which Ontolo more or less hits the ground running. The service does what you would expect. That being it swims out over the web searching for links from competitors websites that you will be able to garnish. The cool thing is it keeps going…. literally. The service scrapes data while you sleep. You log back in and can sort and analyze the data to your hearts content . Imagine discovering, reviewing & scoringover 15,000 new link prospects each month, analyzing each one against more than 100 factors & aggregating critical link building metrics for each URL from the best link building APIs like SEOMoz, Alexa. Imagine narrowing in on your most relevant and valuable link prospects…while you’re sleeping tonight.
Ontolo is not backlink analysis. They are a new level of campaign-specific link building. Really worth the time to head over and check them out.
Rank Tracker SEO Software analyzes the rankings of Web sites with search engines like Google and Yahoo. You select keywords relevant to your site, and Rank Tracker reports their search rankings.
Rank Tracker SEO Software installs easily. There’s a Help file that explains how to use the program, but we were unable to tell if Rank Tracker has any other features. We analyzed two Web sites built by amateurs and one popular blog. Not surprisingly, the two amateur sites didn’t make any search engine’s top 100 list. The program ranked the blogger’s first name in the top 100, but not the other keywords we chose. It’s helpful but hardly surprising to know that our Web sites aren’t on Google’s radar screen, but we wish Rank Tracker gave out more information than that. Though our sites aren’t ranked, any information about any hits the various search engines came up with would have been useful. Better still would have been some tips about how to improve the ranking of our sites based on Rank Tracker’s analysis. Perhaps that’s beyond the scope of the program, but it would have made it a much more useful tool as well as a better value.
Writing content for a website that is both search engine friendly and appealing to visitors is difficult, but WebSite Auditor can certainly help.
SEO software is crucial when attempting to conduct search engine optimization the correct way. WebSite Auditor is a program many search engine optimizers have started using. While many other programs are available, there are a few different reasons why this software is better than all others. It is important to understand such reasons, especially if an individual is looking into purchasing it.
What Does WebSite Auditor Do?
Google, Yahoo, and Bing are three different search engines that all use different and complex ranking algorithms. Although the software analyzes each of these search engines in a different way, its primary focus is on Google; which is responsible for approximately 72.17% of all U.S. Internet searches. WebSite Auditor analyzes what search engine algorithms Google uses to rank websites, and creates a detailed and informative report on such information.
To use WebSite Auditor, an individual just enters the website and keywords he or she would like analyzed, and specifies which search engine to examine. The software will then go to work, reviewing multiple fundamentals and criteria including:
- Keyword Density
- Web Page Title
- Web Page Description
- Anchor Text Links
- Alt Image Tags
- Outbound Links
- Inbound Links
The above information is just some of the criteria WebSite Auditor assesses. Some of the information supplied is much more imperative to acknowledge than others. Once the software has completed analyzing the user’s website, it will create a report for the individual to review. The report is presented in a clean, easy-to-read manner. It contains much of the information above, but it also includes:
- The Website Optimization Rate
- The Keyword Optimization Rate
- The Page Elements Optimization Rate
- The Competitor’s Optimization Rate
The above are the main sections of the report, and they are further broke down when an individual clicks on their links. When this is done, it loads a new page filled with precise details. This feature will provide the user with proper knowledge to alter his or her overall Website Optimization Rate. This report can be especially useful if the user is in-charge of performing SEO for clients.
# Where to get high-quality links to one-up the competition and rank better for my keywords?
# Exactly which anchor text and what percentage of each should I use to outrank my niche competition?
# How many links it’ll take to propel my site to the top of the search engines?
Well, the graphical user interface of SEO Spyglass makes this a walk in the park and if you watch the video demostrations on their site you will see why I am so excited about this tool.
For the advanced folks: SEO SpyGlass will reveal the entire link building strategy of your competition, and tell you exactly why they rank well in great detail. Here’s what kind of an insight scoop you can expect from SEO SpyGlass:
- The total number of backlinks your competitor has (yes, today’s search engines place huge value on links.)
- The Google PageRank of every backlink (see how important these links actually are to Google.)
- The Alexa Traffic Rank of every backlink (uncover your competitor’s biggest traffic sources.)
- The total number of PageRank 0 to PageRank 10 backlinks your competitor has (mirror these numbers, and you’ll be able to beat your competitor’s PageRank.)
- The total number of backlinks coming from the same IP addresses (are your competitors buying site-wide links? Should you do the same? Let’s find out!)
- The exact anchor texts and anchor URLs your competitors are using (anchor text is one thing you must implement right to rank well. Find out which anchors work for your competition!)
- Your competitor’s anchor and title keyword density – which is how many times a given keyword appears within the anchors and titles of their links (you will need to mirror these numbers if you want to one-up your competition.)
- How many of your competitor’s backlinks come from forums and blogs (are they tapping into social media for traffic and links? Find out with SEO SpyGlass!)
- How many of your competitor’s backlinks come from homepages of other sites, rather than internal pages. (This is often a dead giveaway of paid links. Oftentimes, you can even see how much they are paying per link!)
- Whether or not your competitor has backlinks from DMOZ or the Yahoo! Directory (these directories are so authoritative, you will get a rankings boost just from a single link from them!)
- The exact link value of every backlink your competitor has (see how valuable each of their links is)
- The exact age of every Website linking back to your competitor (see if they get links from established, authoritative sites.)
- Plus much, much more!
Link Assistant helps both the average Internet marketer and professional SEO business thrive in the search engines, or so they claim. Pros, cons, and more.
One of the four products within SEO PowerSuite, Link Assistant, has been providing web masters and professional search engine optimizers with an easy and convenient way to perform link building tasks. There are various features associated within this software, some more crucial to acknowledge than others. Everything from monitoring links to finding potential link partners can be performed by this software, reducing the amount of time an individual must spend on such tasks.
SEO Link Responsibilities
Prior to covering what the product does, and how it may help an Internet marketer excel online, it is important to understand what type of link responsibilities are associated with SEO. Most of these link-related tasks are considered to be off-page SEO, but there are a few on-page link-related actions to perform. Such tasks include:
- Developing anchor text which includes the selected keyword. This anchor text must link to a high-quality, search engine respected website.
- Creating and maintaining link directories that are search engine friendly, while at the same time attractive to visitors.
The tasks required on-page are minimal, but the actions required off-page are plentiful. These often require more attention, and include:
- Identifying link opportunities.
- Finding potential link-exchange partners.
- Finding links pointing toward the website, and determining whether these links come from credible websites or not.
- Maintaining constant communication with link-exchange partners.
- Submitting the website to link directories.
These are just a few of the notable link-related tasks that a search engine optimizer must perform. Each of them can certainly add up to a large quantity of time and effort. To reduce the frustration an individual may experience when performing such tasks, he or she may opt for Link Assistant.
The Benefits Of Link Assistant
Instead of wasting time performing these activities manually, an individual can quite simply use Link Assistant. The user will enter the required information, which includes the domain and keywords. After analyzing the website, the software will deliver a detailed report on various information. Some of the features in this software includes:
- Potential link-exchange partners. It will include the website’s administrative contact details, allowing the user to contact immediately instead of trying to research such details.
- Monitoring link-exchange partners. This tracking is extremely effective, as the individual will immediately acknowledge when a link-exchange partner is not linking back.
- Simplified creation of link directories. The uploading process is also very simple and straightforward, and the link directory is entirely search engine friendly.
- Simple communicating procedure through contacting all partners at one time. This saves significant amounts of time, and helps the user build relationships.
Link Assistant is primarily used to reduce the amount of work an individual needs to perform. It takes a lot of the preliminary research out of the way, and allows the individual to enhance the rank his or her website receives much quicker.
Link Assistant Editions And Cons
Although Link Assistant is indeed a time-saver, there are a few different versions and multiple cons with each version. The three editions include:
- A free trial edition, which includes most of the features in the other two editions. This version allows the user to explore the functionality of Link Assistant, but does not provide him or her with all the information. This version will not allow the individual to save projects, print reports, email reports, or publish reports to the Internet. There is no time limit on this version.
- The professional edition, which provides the user with all information and details previously hidden in the free trial. It allows the user to save projects, but still does not allow the individual to print, email, or publish reports. The cost for this version is approximately $100.00, and it is highly recommended for those individuals whom do not own or operate their own SEO business.
- The enterprise edition is the final version of the product. It costs approximately $250.00, and gives the user full functionality. This includes full print, email, and web reports. This version is the perfect choice for an SEO business of some type.
As one can see, the cons associated with Link Assistant varies from edition to edition. It is important to take the time and energy to find the ideal version for one’s specific needs.
Link Assistant: Link Building Made Easy?
Link Assistant is a valuable asset to have for any Internet marketer. The type the individual invests in is ultimately dependent on his or her scenario. Link building and link-related tasks are an essential process to perform accurately when it comes to search engine optimization. Link Assistant will reduce the amount of time an individual must spend on these tasks, and help him or her achieve higher ranks in the search engines.