Press Releases are an extremely effective means of gaining link power for your site. The only thing is they are somewhat of an art to write. Here are a 12 tips that can help your press releases gain some traction:
1. It’s obvious that you want to make sure the information is newsworthy. You want to make sure that the press release has enough substance to be worthy of a release.
2. Before you get started writing it is good to ask yourself, “How would the reader best relate to this press release?”
3. Write a great headline. If you can write an attention-grabbing headline it will entice the reader to click through.
4. Start with a short descriptive statement. It should summarizes what the press release is about and distinguish who announced it. Make sure the first 10 words of your release are effective, as they are the most important.
5. Avoid excessive use of adjectives and fancy language.
6. Deal with the facts.
7. It is good to start with a question before getting into the content of the body. E.g. ‘Is SEO really dead?’ It will prepare the reader for what is to come.
8. Include at least one quotation from an authoritative source such as the Branch Manager or CEO if possible.
9. Provide the answer to the question posed earlier.
10. Include a conclusion that reflects on the story and considers the future.
11. Always provide accurate contact details including a telephone number, email address, street address and website so that editors can get in touch to corroborate the story and maybe request exclusivity.
12. Make it as easy as possible for media representatives to do their jobs.
Hopefully these 12 tips will help your press releases get discovered on the world wide web. Good luck!